Wednesday, March 2, 2011

American Idol: Let's hear it for the boys

So, we got the see the Top 12 guys perform last night. Overall, I think there are some really talented people...although I thought a few of them fell short last night.

First, let's talk about the best quote of the night:

"You got the high thing goin on. But you didn't over do it...you kept it nice and tasty."
- Randy Jackson

Aaannnnddd...that is why I LOVE Randy.

Now on to the guys:

Clint Jun Gamboa

Clint is interesting and I think he's pretty good. I feel like it kind of sucked for him that he had to go first last night because I feel like he'll be forgotten a little bit.
My vote: TOP 12.


Bad song choice, Jovany. As Randy would say, I thought it was kind of sleepy.
My vote: OUT.

Tim Halperin

Tim was ok. Again, not the best song choice. But I think girls will vote for him
so you never no what will happen.
My vote: OUT.

Jordan Dorsey

Woah, Jordan...not sure what you were thinking with that song selection. That was just really wierd.
I don't think it's going to be good news for him.
My vote: OUT.

Scotty McCreery

How adorable is Scotty? I'm totally pulling for him!
My vote: TOP 12.

Robbie Rosen

I've got mixed feelings about Robbie. I think he's really good but last night wasn't his best.
I think he might stick around though.
My vote: on the fence.

Paul McDonald

Paul is SO good. That's all I've got to say about that.
My vote: TOP 12.

Stefano Langone

Other than that really bad high note, Stefano did really well. I think the judges really like him so if he doesn't get voted in, he could easily be a wild card choice.
My vote: on the fence.

James Durbin

James was awesome. He's got that Adam Lambert rocker thing going on
but with much less of the Broadway feel. I like it!
My vote: TOP 12.

Brett Loewenstern

Brett's hair has a personality all it's own and the amount of times he flipped it around was cracking me up. That said, I do think he is good. He could also be a wild card choice if America doesn't vote him in.
My vote: on the fence.

Jacob Lusk

This guy is crazy good! Not sure how he's going to appeal to America because of his older style, but there is no way to deny how talented Jacob is.
My vote: TOP 12.

Casey Abrams

At this point, Casey is my favorite. He is quirky and fun and I love it!
My vote: TOP 12.

So, those are my picks for the guys. Who were your favorites?? I think it's a tough group to only pick 6 out of.

Can't wait to see the girls tonight!

No comments: