Friday, December 10, 2010

Allergic to Mornings...

I had a hard time coming up with a name for this blog. Obviously, I wanted it to be something about who I am but I just wasn't sure what I wanted that to be. Our last name is pretty different so I couldn't think of a good play on words with that. Yes, we are trying to start a family, but that's not all I want this blog to be about. And then, it came to me out of nowhere...Allergic to Mornings. Just ask my husband or my parents...they can tell you all about it. :)

Ever since I can remember, I have been the worst morning person ever. The alarm clock is seriously my nemesis so on weekdays I pretty much wake up in a bad mood because of the stupid thing.
I have become a master at hitting the snooze button before the alarm even starts buzzing. And I definitely snooze for about an hour each morning. It's ridiculous, I know.

When I was growing up, not only did it take the evil of the alarm clock to wake me up, but my dad would have to come in my room multiple times, turn the lights on, sit on me, yank the covers off the bed, etc. I'm sure he really looked forward to that. I would wake up mad at him almost everyday which is awful because look how sweet he is:
So, obviously I've always known this was a problem for me and I became a little bit concerned about what I would do in college when I didn't have my dad there to make sure I got my butt up and to class each morning. And here's where the world's second worst morning person comes in to the picture, Kristy, one of my childhood besties.
This is Kristy. :)
As college roommates our freshman year at Clemson, we came up with a brilliant plan that we would take the exact same schedule so we would motivate each other to get up in the mornings and go to class. I'll let you guess how well that plan worked. :) Needless to say, there was a lot of snoozing going on with two alarm clocks in one tiny room and a whole lot of jumping out of bed, throwing a hat on and running to class in our pjs. We made it through our freshman year, but let's just say there may or may not have been grade letters deducted for missing more than 3 classes.

Enter present day...the scenario doesn't look that much different. Don't worry, I don't wear my pjs to work and I promise that I brush my teeth and take a shower every morning. But I definitely wait until the last possible second every single morning to get up and 99% of work days you'll find me putting my make up on in my office.

So, there you have it folks, I am 100% allergic to mornings...too bad Zyrtec doesn't do anything for that.

No comments: