Thursday, August 4, 2011

17 weeks!


Your Baby: Week 17

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

How far along? 17 weeks, 4 days

How big are babies? PB & J are about 5 inches long

Total weight gain/loss: Up 6 lbs. Not too bad yet. :)

Maternity clothes? Oh yes. There is no way I can wear my regular pants/shorts anymore. I have some dresses that still work but my shirts are getting too short now. So, maternity clothes from here on out.

Best moment this week: Feeling the babies move!

Movement: I'm feeling some little kicks from both of them every now and then. Nothing too strong yet.

Waist Diameter: Still haven't done this...I'm a slacker.

Food cravings: My most recent craving has been orange juice.

Gender: We know what they are! But I'm going to make you wait until the next post since it will be all about our gender reveal party and I don't want to ruin the surprise! Any guesses?? (Except for those of you who already know.)

Labor Signs: Still none! Thank goodness!

Belly Button in or out? Still in...but much more shallow now. :)

What I miss: Good sleep. Between waking up to go to the bathroom and the random pains that come with my body stretching so quickly, I feel like I do a lot of tossing and turning.

What I am looking forward to: Starting on the nursery!

Milestones: Feeling the babies move, finding out what they are, and picking out fabric for the nursery!

Realization of the week: I'm almost half way! This pregnancy is going by a little quicker than I thought it would.

3 comments:

quite contrary said...

bring the fabric swatches and stuff to our girls wknd! I want to see everything! yay! love you xoxo

Anonymous said...

your mom emailed me with the info...SOOOO excited for y'all! and LOVE the names!!! can't wait to see party pics :)

Trish said...

orange juice craving...that sounds like girl to me but i'm not sure if your twins are fraternal or identical so i don't know if i should guess 1 girl or 2 but i say there is at least 1 girl involved :)